SQL Server db: runLocally() did not return APT_StatusOk

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

IsNull
Participant

SQL Server db: runLocally() did not return APT_StatusOk

Post by IsNull »

I'm trying to insert data from local SQL Server database into another database on the same database instance. My parallel job workflow is as follows:

SQL Server Enterprise Stage --> Transfrom --> SQL Server Enterprise Stage

The data is read correctly from the database, but when the job tries to insert data into a different database, I get a following error:

[b]APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally() did not return APT_StatusOk[/b]

The database is SQL Server Enterprise 2008 64 bit, and it is located on the same computer (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard) as the DS Engine Tier (Dev/Test machine). I'm using 32 bit SQL Server Native Client to access this db instance. Any ideas why this is happening?
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

APT_CombinedOperatorController shows some error in Transform.
Can you elaborate more , what are the operations you performing in Transform??
Rgrds,
Abhi
IsNull
Participant

Post by IsNull »

Actually no manipulations at all, also there is an error row saying:

SQLServer_Enterprise_5,0: Internal Error: (shbuf): iomgr\iomgr.C: 1882

I tried to google that but found nothing helpful.
IsNull
Participant

Post by IsNull »

I also put a DSN Trace on, but that did not reveal anything crucial. I found this from the documentation (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... 18822#info):
If you are planning to access 64-bit databases, they must exist on a different computer than the engine tier. For more information see http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27021110.
but that forwards to a missing page. I don't know if this is important/relevant, because the job can query data from 64 bit SQL Server (installed on the same machine as DS Engine), but insert does not seem to succeed. What should be found from that missing page?