could not use RCP with checksum stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

changming
Participant

could not use RCP with checksum stage

Post by changming »

I try to build a common job to read any data set file and append checksum column and write the output into another dataset. In the source dataset file stage there is no column specified and I trun on the Runtime column propagation option.
when I run the job, the job aborted with error message :
PT_CombinedOperatorController,3: Failure during execution of operator logic.
can anyone tell me whether RCP can be use in such occasion?
thanks
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: could not use RCP with checksum stage

Post by SURA »

Yes you can , when you choose the option "Use all colums" in check sum stage.

DS User
changming
Participant

Post by changming »

Thanks for your reply.
I did do as you said and job aborted before I asked this question in this forum. Can anyone tell me any tricky thing I have to pay attention to make it work?
Last edited by changming on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No we can't. The job may have aborted for a completely unrelated reason. Please post the exact error message(s) from the aborted job's log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
changming
Participant

Post by changming »

Hi
the errors are
APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),1: Failure during execution of operator logic.
--repeat 3 times
APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: Internal Error: (!exportLog_->hasError()): checksum/checksum.C: 379
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'dbx' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH
--repeat 3 times
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(3, node3), player 2 - Unexpected exit status 1.
--repeat 3 times
if the source is ODBC connector, the whole logic worked. it is just not working on datasets file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable operator combination and run again, so that we (and you) can determine which stage, or operator, is throwing the error.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.