did not consume entire input, at offset: 159

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krisna
Participant

did not consume entire input, at offset: 159

Post by krisna »

Iam reading data from sequential file. Data in sequential file is a comma delimited, final delimiter is end, double quoted. Issue here is one of the field contains value like this "1905 E COUNTY RD "D"". While reading data these records are getting dropped. Please help me out this problem its an urgent requirement.
Thanks in advance
anbu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anbu »

Either pre process the file and remove the quotes

Or

Remove double quote option from sequential stage and remove unwanted quotes in transformer
You are the creator of your destiny - Swami Vivekananda
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the requirement is urgent, as you claim, sign up with your official support provider for priority service, and learn just how much "urgent" costs.

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site, whose members post as and when they can. Note also that they are under no compulsion to do so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nvdlrao
Participant

Post by nvdlrao »

Change the Data type to NVARCHAR followed by Unicode. It will work.

[* Above line corrected from unique to Unicode - Andy *]
vdlrao
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

nvdlrao wrote:Change the Data type to NVARCHAR followed by unique. It will work.
No, it won't work using those suggestions. NVarChar and VarChar aren't relevant when it comes to sequential file quoting. And what "unique" has to do with this query is beyond me. Perhaps I have missed something and you could explain your suggestion in detail.
nvdlrao
Participant

Post by nvdlrao »

Its my bad, I mean unicode not unique.
vdlrao