Pass values to parameters

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hard to tell for certain, but it sounds like a job for the USERSTATUS area. See if an exact search for that and/or DSSetUserStatus helps you out.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Leonie
Participant

Post by Leonie »

Hi Craig

I'm using the Userstatus is other jobs but only if I need only value - can you use the Userstatus more then once in one job? Doesn't it overwrite it?

Other thing the parameter will be used in the next job as part of the "in list" on a table. (List of account numbers)

Thanx
Leonie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It will only store "one" value and yes, overwrites so last one in wins. Most people use a delimited string to pass multiple values and then parse out the appropriate piece for each parameter.

Would that work for you?
-craig

Leonie
Participant

Post by Leonie »

I will try the delimted way. But surely there must be something easier. This was previously done by a control job.

Leonie
:)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... there very well may be but you'd need to better explain your needs and what precisely this 'control job' did for you. There are always other approaches, up to you to decide what's "easiest" or "best".
-craig