BuildOp Interface Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wfis
Premium Member
Premium Member

BuildOp Interface Issue

Post by wfis »

Hi All,

We have recently moved to DataStage v8.0 version and have been exploring the new tool.

We have built some buildops as done on v7.5 but are facing some issues on v8.0 as to the way it works.

The buildop runs fine and gives the required results. But on the interface tab of the builop for input and output tabs the Table Name value does not reflect the value we desire.

Initially when we coded the buildop we had another table name given and now want to clear the table name and add a new one, the value shown is yet the old one.

Tried all the possible ways. Can anyone please help us on this. We don't want to delete the buildop and create a new one but want to find a resolution to this.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could you explain what you mean by "table name"? Do you mean a parameter value, a constant value coded into your buildop, or something else?
wfis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wfis »

Table Name is the column name on the Input and Output tables of the Interface tab on the buildop.

This column holds the path to the table definition of the input and output links.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What happens when you click on the table name and select "Select Table"?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Did you select 'OK' rather than going to Generate diectly ?
wfis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wfis »

When i click on "Select Table" under the table name column it pops with a window to select the table definition I require.

I selec the table definition and then click OK. But the table name column yet shows the old one.

I even tried clicking on OK rather than generate and open the buildop again and see the old name.

Thanks
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Is the project read-only or you are working on a 'copy of' ?

Check whether you are selecting the leaf node of the table defn and not a branch level.

Also try providing a different table defn than the one you are attempting.
wfis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wfis »

Thank you your hints helped me.

It looks like when we rename a table definition the value of Data Source Name and Data Source Type do not change.

It reflected the old one. I changed them and it works. Resolved!!!