Return file from BAPI stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

getlaxman25
Participant

Return file from BAPI stage

Post by getlaxman25 »

Hi,

I am using BAPI stage to load data to SAP. I have a problem in reading one column in the return file from BAPI. The column type is integer, but when I see in Unix the value comes as "". All other fields are coming correctly. Now I need to read "" back in datastage and interpret the actual value for this field.

Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like it is extended ascii... can you check the file with a hex editor or "od -x" and see what the hex value actually is?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
getlaxman25
Participant

Post by getlaxman25 »

I am not able to paste that character to the hex converter. Its not a hexadecimal character.
getlaxman25
Participant

Post by getlaxman25 »

The text is hex "03", "04", and "05" which stands for ETX (end of text), EOT (End of transmission), and ENQ (Enquiry) respectively.
arunsardana
Participant

Post by arunsardana »

So I guess you can simply ignore that character as it indicates end of text (kind of end of file). Let me know if still issues and I should be able to assist.

Regards,
Arun
vjonnala1516
Participant

Post by vjonnala1516 »

Hi, while reading the return file use "tr -d" command on sequential file stage, for the confirmation just try the same on unix... you will get it done..
VJ