SAPBW - Reject Handling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsomiset
Premium Member
Premium Member

SAPBW - Reject Handling

Post by rsomiset »

Hi,

I have an issue regarding SAP reject handling while loading to BW.

Data flow for my job is Essbase files to SAP BW, business requirement is i have to drop the error file in the staging area. How is reject handling done in SAP load stage. how will datastage know that there are some records which are rejected and dropped in to error stack.How can i capture those rejects in to a flat file.

Thanks
Rajesh
--
Raj
arunsardana
Participant

Post by arunsardana »

Hi Rajesh,

I am not sure if I understood your question completely but let me try to answer anyways. I am assuming you are using BW Load pack stage to load data into SAP BW (now referred to as SAP BI). Basically, there's not an ooption for reject data in the BW load stage. Anything that gets dropped from PSA (Persistent Storage Area) IN BW is captured inside BW. We use BW load stage to load tons of data and BW team generates a list of records that gets dropped either in PSA or at the base cube level.

Hope that helps. If not, please provide more details with sample scenario of what you mean by records being dropped in BW.

Regards,
Arun
rsomiset
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rsomiset »

I understand that the rejected data will go and sit in PSA.

In my case before loading into SAPBW i have some validation errors, and while loading even there might be some SAP rejects as you said they will be dropped in PSA. If i want to append these SAP rejects to the error files that i have while validation what can be done.

How can i capture these rejects because my business requirement is they need error files to be dropped in the staging area.

Thanks
Rajesh
--
Raj
arunsardana
Participant

Post by arunsardana »

I believe you can find the underlying table for PSA where reject rows are stored in BW and then use SAP ABAP extract PACK stage (yeah it works with BW as well) to pull that data from the table and bring it over in your staging area.

Regards,
Arun