Copy of Datasets in different environment

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Copy of Datasets in different environment

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi ,
we have a job in production which is getting aborted .This job will take a dataset as an input . This dataset is produced by another job.
In test environment , If i want the same dataset ( that is present in production ) to replicate the error .

I know that we can copy a dataset using orchadmin in same environment .Is there any other way to get that dataset available in test environment ( Otherwise i have to run many jobs in order to produce that particular dataset in test env ) .

Any suggestions are welcome .

Thank you all
Nag
betterthanever
Participant

Re: Copy of Datasets in different environment

Post by betterthanever »

you can write that data set to a seqential file on prod and copy it to test.

before you run the job write from seq file to a dataset on test.

may be an option atleast.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not possible to move a Data Set from one machine to another. All the pathnames in the control file will be wrong, and there's no mechanism for repairing them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Thank you ray ...i am transferring data from dataset to seq file and ftping that file .I am marking the thread as resolved .Thank you all.

ray.wurlod wrote:It's not possible to move a Data Set from one machine to another. All the pathnames in the control file will be wrong, and there's no mechanism for repairing them. ...
Nag