"Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cbres00
Participant

"Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage"

Post by cbres00 »

We're running DS 7.1.

This is a simple parallel job that reads a Teradata table and writes to a lookup file and a flat file at the same time. This is the only error I get and it happens right after I initiate the job (dies from the dsjob command line and in the GUI). I'm using a basic transformer also.

I get this error in production but NOT in development.

I checked permissions, recompiled the job, renamed the job, checked for out-of-space conditions on the drive.....all is fine.

Any thoughts, insights? This thing is supposed to go live next week (Aug 21).

Regards,
cbres00
cbres00
Participant

Post by cbres00 »

I set a trace on the job and I noticed this:

Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2407, Unable to unlink the operating system file "ade.prod.<jobname...>.#1.BASIC_Transformer_43.DSLink44-Output".
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2407, DELETE failure.

What's this about? :(
pneumalin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pneumalin »

Try to export the executable only from development to Production, and run it in produciton to see if there is an error. Let me know what happen..
cbres00
Participant

Post by cbres00 »

Thank you for replying!
We just did that and received the same error.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SMP or MPP environment? You can't use the BASIC Transformer in a multi-machine environment unless DataStage server is installed on every machine whose fastname appears in the current configuration file.
DSD.RUN is the piece of DataStage that runs "server" (DataStage BASIC) components. It is trying to delete a file (name given). Perhaps you lack write permission to that file's directory?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cbres00
Participant

Post by cbres00 »

It's an 8-cpu box.

The aspect of this that really bugs me is that I copied this process from another successful DS job I wrote years ago. That job is still running without error!

I'm digging deeper into the bowels of this beast, and I found this in &PH&:

DataStage Job 318 Phantom 3500
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2157, Variable previously undefined. Zero length string used.
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2157, Variable previously undefined. Zero length string used.
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2407, Unable to unlink the operating system file "ade.prod.<jobname>.#1.BASIC_Transformer_43.DSLink44-Output".
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2407, DELETE failure.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage <jobname>.

DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3

* sigh *

cbres00