Agg,1: Hash table has grown to 16384 entries.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aceflyer
Participant

Post by aceflyer »

Hi
I am using a Aggregator stage in a PX job , Doing hash partitioning on it and sorting the data as well
I am getting these warnings

Agg,0: Hash table has grown to 16384 entries.

Can anyone please suggest how to get rid of these warnings

Thanks
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

In the options property of the aggregator stage select Method=Sort not Hash. This should take care of the warning.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
aceflyer
Participant

Post by aceflyer »

Hi
I was getting this warning when i did that

Agg: When checking operator: User inserted sort "Agg.ToAgg_Sort" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "APT_SortedGroup2Operator in Agg"

But when i unchecked the Perform Sort in the Aggregator it worked

Thanks
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Make sure Data is sorted and key partitioned before passing it on to aggregator stage to get the accurate results.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
clickart
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clickart »

You can use a SORT stage before the AGGR stage to sort the data and the partitioning must be on the same fields as the grouping keys in the AGGR stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hash table aggregation method is recommended for 1000 or fewer distinct grouping values per MB. Looks like you've exceeded this limit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do you initially have any partiton and sort on the key on which the aggregation is done?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

aggregator

Post by just4u_sharath »

ray.wurlod wrote:Hash table aggregation method is recommended for 1000 or fewer distinct grouping values per MB. Looks like you've exceeded this limit.
How can we know how much MB our aggregator stage is using. If we know that we can count of record length and chosse between hash or sort.
please reply
just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

aggregator

Post by just4u_sharath »

ray.wurlod wrote:Hash table aggregation method is recommended for 1000 or fewer distinct grouping values per MB. Looks like you've exceeded this limit.
How can we know how much MB our aggregator stage is using. If we know that we can count of record length and chosse between hash or sort.
please reply
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

APT_PM_PLAYER_MEMORY
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.