Transformer in PX job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Ac,
I think setting those environment variables just woudn't work to fix C++ problem for the Hawk Beta 8.0.0 EE version.

I was trying to install the Hawk Beta software for the past two days, but the installation just failed every time due to java.lang.reflectTragetException error. Did you ever experience any problem like that when you installed the Hawk Beta software?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Trainee9999, remember this is beta software, you really should be reporting it to IBM support first via the beta bug report email address in your release notes.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

trainee9999 wrote: VC++ compiler.
What do you mean by (VC++)? is this the same as Visual Studio .NET ?
trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by trainee9999 »

Eric wrote:
trainee9999 wrote: VC++ compiler.
What do you mean by (VC++)? is this the same as Visual Studio .NET ?

I installed Visual C++ .Net 2005 which has the compiler and also the .net 2.0 framework.

Now the problem became even worse, during the process I uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall. I never got any error of any exceptions.

Looks like a perfect insall but would not allow me to get into DataStage.

I get a strange error:
DataStage Repository error:Unable to create DStage_wrapper.
So, I have spent lot time figuring it out, but did not find any luck to move further

Thanks,
Ac
trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by trainee9999 »

vmcburney wrote:Trainee9999, remember this is beta software, you really should be reporting it to IBM support first via the beta bug report email address in your release notes.
Vincent,

We have already reported about an issue once, and we are planning to do so again.

Thanks,
Ac
trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hawk Beta 8.0

Post by trainee9999 »

lstsaur wrote:Hi Ac,
I think setting those environment variables just woudn't work to fix C++ problem for the Hawk Beta 8.0.0 EE version.

I was trying to install the Hawk Beta software for the past two days, but the installation just failed every time due to java.lang.reflectTragetException error. Did you ever experience any problem like that when you installed the Hawk Beta software?

lstsaur,

I have installed the software without any exceptions so far so many times and got into the software once. To fix the compiler issue I had to uninstall everything and when I reinstalled and tried to get into it. It never allowed me.

Websphere meta data server and its aget both are up and running without any issue. It's picking the host name and after i provide user id and passwd when I try to click on the project tex box usually it picks up the available project on the node.

Instead it is trowing this error:

DataStage Repositry error: Unable to create DStage_wrapper

Let me know if you have any clue to fix this

Thanks,
Ac
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Ac,
Did the problems get solved? Please share.
trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by trainee9999 »

lstsaur wrote:Hi Ac,
Did the problems get solved? Please share.
Hi ALL,

lstsaur, Thanks a lot for the insight.

I have uninstalled VC++ .NET 2005 along with .NET framework2.0
I went through the installation manual where it was mentioned that .NET 2003 version 7.1 or higher so I follow that but could not go any further.
On the other hand within Read me document it was clearly specified that HAWK will not support .NET 2005 exactly as you have mentioned.
Had been I went through the read me before the installation manual, I would have saved lot of time.

I am working on different tasks right now, but still need to install a CPP compiler. At this point I have only HAWK without a CPP compiler so I am able to design few server jobs only.

Can u tell me which version or flavor of cpp do I need to install?
Do I need to uninstall the HAWK to do that?
please let me know.

Thanks,
Ac
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thanks Hadi, always appreciated when someone posts solutions like that. :D
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers