BuildOp using shared library

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jhmckeever
Premium Member
Premium Member

BuildOp using shared library

Post by jhmckeever »

Hi All,

I'm attempting to integrate QAS Batch (address cleaning) in DSEE using a BuildOp. This is done using a QAS supplied shared library and header file. My BuildOp references the header file and generates without any problems but gives me the following error when I try and execute it:

main_program: Error loading "TestOp": Could not load "TestOp": Unresolved external
... {snip} ...
Please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers.

I'm assuming this means that the shared library cannot be found.

I've got my "***.h" file in "..../DataStage/Projects/myproject_dev/buildop/" but can anyone tell me where the "***.sl" shared library is meant to go?
Is there a special location? (in my project's buildop directory?)
Or doesn't it matter as long as the "***.sl" is somewhere in the path specified in $SHLIB_PATH?

Any help very gratefully received. :-)

John.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

You nailed it with "it doesn't matter so long as it's somewhere in $SHLIB_PATH".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jhmckeever
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jhmckeever »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard! :D

You nailed it with "it doesn't matter so long as it's somewhere in $SHLIB_PATH".
Thanks Very Much for that Ray.

I got my paths sorted out but am still having issues! :(

I suspect my problem lies in my compiler options. In the Build/Advanced tab I'm specifying my linker options as "-L ./ -lqabwvcd" to link my library "qabwvcd.sl" in the buildop directory.

Unfortunately the makefile supplied with the QAS solution has some required options for my HP-UX aC++ compiler ("-Ae +DA2.0W -Wl,+s") which cause a stack of "not ANSI C" type errors on the Ascential libraries when I try and Generate the Op.

Looks like I might have to revert to using a wrapped UNIX command line instead of a BuildOp. Unless anyone reading this has experience of creating a BuildOp for QAS Batch?

Cheers,
John.
slosa
Participant

Post by slosa »

I had the same problem. In my case it worked after i added the library to OSH_PRELOAD_LIBS.