DataStage 11.7 Not showing Performance Statistics with a large number of objects in job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

UAUITSBI
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage 11.7 Not showing Performance Statistics with a large number of objects in job

Post by UAUITSBI »

I have noticed in DataStage 11.5 and 11.7 (only ones I have used) that when I have a large number of objects (links, stages) on a Parallel Job that eventually there are no stats showing (row counts) on any of the monitors (performance statistics in Parallel Job or Monitor in Director). If I take the same job and I reduce the objects in the job the stats come back. I have not seen anything in past posts that cover this and curious if anyone else has experienced this and was able to solve the issue without having to split the jobs into multiple jobs. Currently I don't know the number of objects is too many before the stats stop working, just know that there is some sort of threshold that if passed the stats stop working and if I reduce the objects the stats work again.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: DataStage 11.7 Not showing Performance Statistics with a large number of objects in job

Post by ray.wurlod »

What happens if you increase the memory in your client machine?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
UAUITSBI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DataStage 11.7 Not showing Performance Statistics with a large number of objects in job

Post by UAUITSBI »

I have not tried to increase memory in the client machine however the job has been opened in multiple client machines and the stats just don't seem to exist... I don't think the stats are recorded by the clients... I believe they are recorded by the engine server correct? So the memory of the client would only matter if it was recording stats and not showing, this seems to be that the job monitor is not recording the stats at all, even though the monitor is running just fine with other jobs and will run fine with this job, if I removed a number of objects from the job.