Error Reading Unknown Record Schema - DataSet Management

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Seth.Dickerson
Participant

Error Reading Unknown Record Schema - DataSet Management

Post by Seth.Dickerson »

When accessing the Dataset Management Tool after selecting the appropriate configuration file, users experience an error: Error Reading Unknown Record Schema.

I have looked at all of the IBM tech notes I could find from Google and they point to a permission issue, but I have looked at the permissions on the UVTEMP and on the location of the dataset file and everything looks as it should. Anyone know where else I can check or what may be causing this error?
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

if users have been able to do this before without issue, can you re-create the dataset to see if it might just be a corrupted file?

Do the users also have permission to hit the folder where the dataset pieces are located?
Seth.Dickerson
Participant

Post by Seth.Dickerson »

UCDI wrote:if users have been able to do this before without issue, can you re-create the dataset to see if it might just be a corrupted file?
This was correct the dataset file was corrupted. We replaced it with a good version and everything worked as it should.

Thanks!