Environment variable in attached parameter set

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saxena_richa
Participant

Environment variable in attached parameter set

Post by saxena_richa »

Hello,

I am trying to create a data connection object that uses the attached parameter-set. In this parameter-set, I want the password value to come from an environment variable. But I don't see a way to specify it this way. I tried to directly type the name of the environment variable in the password box, but it doesn't work. How do you achieve this?
Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's been way too long but have you tried using $ENV as the value?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
saxena_richa
Participant

Post by saxena_richa »

Thanks for the reply Craig.
May be I should have phrased the ques better. The problem is that I am not able to reference the environment variable itself. When I click 'create & attach' option from DataConnection object, it allows me to create a parameter set but I cant add any environment variable here.

I also tried to create a parameter set independently, & then attach this to data connection object. When I open the attach dialogfrom data connection, it lists only those parameter sets that got created via a data connection object, not others.

The source system pwd is in an env variable. Pwd is not shared with developers. I want to create a data connection for this source and only way to put in pwd is this env variable.
Any pointers?
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

I see what you mean. Have you tried editing the parameter set itself, by opening it from the repository view? I was able to add environment parameters that way.

Good luck.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872