RT_STATUSnn Record Schema

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jneasy
Participant

RT_STATUSnn Record Schema

Post by jneasy »

Hi,

Does anybody have any schema information on the RT_STATUSnn records or know where I can find it?

Cheers,
Joe.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

They are based on Universe, an ancient (yet very fast) database schema. It is generally not public knowledge.

What are you hoping to achieve here? Perhaps there will be a much more official solution available.

-T.J.
jneasy
Participant

Post by jneasy »

Yes, I already knew it was a UniVerse Multivalued DB and unfortunatly doesnt contain any DICT items for the file attributes.

I am trying to write a Server Routine that will loop through all the RT_STATUSnn files and potentially set the status to Aborted/Restartable (for restatable jobs). I am aware of the DSJOB command with the reset option and manually resetting jobs through the directory client but we are envisaging a scenario in our active/passive environment where if failover occurs mid execution of a job and the Projects directory is mounted on the passive engine then the RT_STATUS file may state that the job is still in a running state, I would like to set it to Restatable.

Cheers,
Joe.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are different kinds of records in RT_STATUSnn, each with their own structure. For example there is a record for the job itself, but there are also records for active stages and other processes. This information is used, inter alia, for the status shown in Director client's Monitor view.

So you need to look at the first few fields to determine which kind of record you've got, before figuring out which structure it is you're attempting to update.

Status values are enumerated, but these values are easily found in one of the header files.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jneasy
Participant

Post by jneasy »

Thanks Ray, I did notice the records for active stages.

I guess I will have to investigate it a bit furter.

Cheers,
Joe.