11.5 and Packs license question

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

11.5 and Packs license question

Post by qt_ky »

The IBM Announces Information Server 11.5 with BigIntegrate and BigQuality on Hadoop blog referenced in this post suggests that various connectivity packs are included in version 11.5:
DataStage connection packs are now part of the standard DataStage 11.5 license rather than add on costs, these packs make it easier for a DataStage developer to connect to these sources, import metadata and write DataStage jobs that read from or write to these systems:

SalesForce
Oracle Apps
PeopleSoft
Siebel
JD Edwards
Hyperion
I have read through the Information Server Enterprise Edition 11.5 announcement web page / PDF and the 11.5 License Information Document on ibm.com and have not found any references to the above Packs being included.

Maybe I have been looking in the wrong places. Was it an idea that didn't happen after all, did it get retracted, or is there any IBM document available to confirm that Packs are included?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Awesome. That looks like an official document to me. I'm going to share that with our IBM sales rep. Thank you, rkashyap!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

You are welcome. There are no separate binaries that one needs to download/install for these packs. See following excerpt from our communication with IBM
All Packs are automatically installed along with DataStage except the packs which are still chargeable add ons namely SAP and SAS.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The Enterprise Packs and Balanced Optimizer and Optim masking for DataStage became free in DataStage 11.5! You should see the packs available for download in Passport Advantage.

The only pack that is not free is SAP - if you want the SAP Pack you need to swap to an Information Server Enterprise Edition for SAP which comes with the SAP Packs and the Ready to Launch SAP migration assets.

I don't think the Packs are showing up under the Information Server 11.5 bundles in Passport Advantage and you will find them listed separately, eg search for:

IBM InfoSphere Information Server Pack for Salesforce.com (CRC2IML)
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Thank you, Vincent.
Abhijeet1980
Participant

Post by Abhijeet1980 »

Excited sharing a good news. :-)

Latest PACK for SAP is V8 (released per GA), whereas latest PACK for SAP BW is 5 (GA release is planned towards end of September 2016).
Just heard from a known IBM Pre-sales person, Switzerland.

So far version 4.3.2.3 PACK for SAP BW restricted the Data Stage users to connect to V3.5 Data Sources / Info Sources within SAP BW Version 7.x, which are called Emulated 3.5 sources.

Netweaver or SAP BW 7.x data sources is what are targeted with PACK for SAP BW Version 5.

Cheers, Abhijit
Abhijeet1980
Participant

Post by Abhijeet1980 »

If someone had noticed already.
SAP BW Pack V4.3.3 (not V5) released by IBM on Oct 25, 2016 - supports Netweaver 7.x data sources.

Cheers,
Abhijit Gaikwad