Hostname and IP adress change

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narsingrp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hostname and IP adress change

Post by narsingrp »

we are moving to another data center. The IP and hostname both going to change. I read in forum some posts that updating configuration for running application would be risky if both change. What changes required if only IP change and hostname is same? If this is easy, we would like to go this route.

Our topology is DB2 repository & WAS on one host and Engine on another. Any advise would be appreciated.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We went through an IP address change with relative ease. Mainly the only work we had to do was to make sure that various firewall rules got updated with the new IP.

If you were to do a hostname change then I would recommend you work directly with Support to be sure you know all the steps you have to take, if it is supported.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

I have been told by support earlier that the hostname should not be changed as it is used at so many places inside the server. IBM support may be able to do it but not so sure unless their engineering dept gets involved. Be ready for a long waits in responses though.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: