Stewardship Center

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Stewardship Center

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is anyone yet using the Stewardship Center over Information Governance Catalog? Would you be prepared to share your experiences with me?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have used it at a couple of places. It is Lombardi BPM - it comes with a couple IGC samples for Business Term and Rule workflow. It basically gives you an Approve button and a Publish button inside workflows so you do not have to use the work flow functions in IGC.

It's a very basic workflow function that calls IGC API calls and it is easy to customise. For example one customer wanted a workflow with multiple reviewers followed by an approver and then publishing. The IGC work flow doesn't really allow review as a formal step and goes straight to approve.

The DQ workflows are better and more comprehensive as the samples allow the handling of exceptions from DQ rules.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thanks, Vincent

I had a bit of a play with it at Insight 2015, and of course attended the DSXchange webinars on the topic presented by Robert Dickson and Ernie Ostic, but now my customers are getting to the end of the "thinking about it" phase.

I guess I'm after customer stories and any gotchas.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Based on experiences with other sites, there are three things that are key:

1. understanding the "plumbing" between Info Server and IBM BPM that was put in place to support Stewardship Center (subscriptions, events, callbacks, the new istool commands, etc.)

2. understanding the IGC API. How it can be used to perform actions in workflow, query assets, etc. etc.

3. understanding IBM BPM. How processes are created, what you can do in them, how their security works, how you can use javascript in a process, etc. etc. etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>