Teradata Connector Test Button Not Working

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mitchea5
Participant

Teradata Connector Test Button Not Working

Post by mitchea5 »

I am in the process of converting some Teradata Mload stages to use the Teradata connector stage. I had never used the Teradata connector and it didn't work out of the box.

Originally when I tried to run the job I was getting:

Code: Select all

Error loading connector library libcctera12.so. Could not load module <DS install path>/bin/libcctera12.so. Dependent module <TTU install path>/lib/cliv2.so could not be loaded.
Where the text in brackets represents valid install paths.
After doing some searching, I set the following in my dsenv.

Code: Select all

LIBPATH=<all of the default LIBPATH variables>::/opt/teradata/client/15.00/tbuild/lib64:/opt/teradata/client/15.00/tdicu/lib64:/opt/teradata/client/15.00/lib64:/usr/lib/lib_64:/usr/lib

TWB_ROOT=/opt/teradata/client/15.00/tbuild;export TWB_ROOT
NLSPATH=$TWB_ROOT/msg/%N;export NLSPATH
TD_ICU_DATA=/opt/teradata/client/15.00/tdicu/lib64;export TD_ICU_DATA
NLS isn't installed on my box though, I was just following an example.

So now, I can run the job and it works according to Director. But, when I open the stage itself, and try the "Test" button, I am getting the same error message as above. If I switch my LIBPATH to use all 32 bit paths, the job won't run and I still get the error message. How can I fix this?
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

The connector "View Data" and "Test Connection" are actually run by the Node Agents (ASBAgent). Yup - its sort of a nasty trick they introduced a while back. So that's why it doesn't work for view data, but it works for the jobs you run. The ASBAgent is still using the original libraries it had when it was last started.

Since this requires a restart of the DataStage ASBAgent, the easiest way is to wait until your next engine re-boot and then:

1) Back up your $DSHOME/dsenv file so you can reverse this change if it causes problems!
2) Make the same environment variable changes at the end of the dsenv file. Please note that each change needs to be prefaced with "export" to insure they persist after the script is executed.
3) Check after the restart to insure View Data now works. Also run a few test jobs to insure they work correctly (after all - you did just modify LIBPATH).

Of course, if you know the proper procedure to start / stop DataStage ASBAgent, you could do that manually.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Another potential is that you are running in a grid environment and TD tools are installed on the compute nodes but not the head node where the engine runs. Slim chance on that but still a potential.
mitchea5
Participant

Post by mitchea5 »

asorrell's answer is correct. Thanks so much. I was going crazy last week trying to figure out what was going on!