Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

oracle
Participant

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job

Post by oracle »

Hi ,,

We have sequence job failure and got below error. It ran fine once after compilation.We would like to know what would be the reason to cause the issue and how we can fix it.

Sequence job :

ExecCommand Activity (run sh program) --> ExecCommand Activity (run perl program)

From previous run
DataStage Job 1360 Phantom 28866
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2515, Unable to open the operating system file "DSD_BP.O/JOB.36283374.DT.1731535407".
[ENOENT] No such file or directory
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2515, Unable to load file "JOB.36283374.DT.1731535407".
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2515, Unable to load subroutine.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job I_UNI002_1A_CELL_LOAD..JobControl

DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe there's any way for us to tell you the "why" of this, probably only the "what". A "BP.O" file is a BASIC Object file from what I recall and is created by the compiler rather than something generated at runtime. I've seen files like that disappear ("no such file or directory") on a Windows server due to errant AV programs but that's not typically a UNIX problem. Space issues can cause the creation of them to fail. Did this error happen the first time you attempted to run it or was it running fine for some time and then failed?

If this is an isolated incident, I'd probably just ignore it and move on. If it starts happening on a regular basis or starts affecting other jobs, I'd involve support as it may be version / platform specific.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
oracle
Participant

Post by oracle »

Hi,
Thanks for reply.

This was first time fails and it ran successfully many times .
Job was hanged for 1 hr and later we got these errors.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did the job run/hang through midnight?

The file name within BPnnn.O includes the date and time in internal format.

Re-compiling the job should correct the problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
oracle
Participant

Post by oracle »

Hi Ray,

It ran fine after re compile.We are seeing this issue first time and never happened before to this job. We are trying to identify the root cause of the issue .
Can you suggest us what could be the reason?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT is usually the last of three messages in the log, and merely advises that DataStage is attempting to clean up.

You need to look at the previous messages to get any idea of what the actual problem is/was.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.