Connector import wizard error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tine_bi
Participant

Connector import wizard error

Post by tine_bi »

Hi

I am trying to import table definition from an ODBC connector by running Connector Import Wizard.I do not get to the login information window, all I get to do is to hit the odbc connector and it allways fail with the following message:

DataStage was unable to attach to this connector.
Failed to send the request handler. The agent at <server:port> is not available.

However if I try the manual way of import->table definitions->ODBC Table Definition I get the work done. But we now experience that after import all datatypes are not allways correct.

Using the wizzard allways gave us correct result before. Why it now fails I do not know. We have not altered anything, no new patch, bugfix, upgrades or anything like that.

Any ideas on where to start looking for solution?

BR
Dan
BR
Dan
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your post indicates that the DataStage machine is on Windows, thus you will be using a System DSN, is that correct?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that the node agent is running, and listening on the expected port number (probably 31531).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.