Addresses Services

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Addresses Services

Post by sjfearnside »

Our Information Server programs currently use the address service from QS, USAC component. Other parts of our company use different address service software. My management wanted me to ask if Information server (DataStage, QualityStage) can use Pitney Bowes address services?

I searched DSXchange for Pitney Bowes and got 1 hit from 2005 talking about company acquisitions.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, don't know anything about what Pitney Bowes offers. Clarify something for us, are you asking about web services? If not, can you let us know what "address services" means in this context?

Thanks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Being an user of Pitney Bowes Code 1, I suspect that you are referring to address standardization offered thru Code1.

Code 1 can be accessed thru REST interface, so should be accessible thru Webservices Transformer. 'Once upon a time' a POC was done on this (thru Java, not DataStage), but performance was slower that local Code1 application. Subsequently this option was not pursued. YMMV.

QualityStage's CASS stage can also be used to standardize addresses.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Most likely, yes. It's a two-way street. Other software can be made to access the QualityStage USAC component as well. Have you tried doing any performance tuning of jobs having the CASS stage, such as pre-sorting the data and running on an optimal number of nodes?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Response from IBM Support

Post by sjfearnside »

Response form IBM support:

DataStage has not been tested with Pitney Bowes services, nor are we
familiar with what their addressing service offering is. .....,But again, this was not explicitly tested with Pitney Bowes addressing
service so we would not be able to provide support for that.

Thanks