Job sequence aborts

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tine_bi
Participant

Job sequence aborts

Post by tine_bi »

Hi

I am trying to run a job sequence but it aborts shortly after I hit run.

This is the error i get
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in job TI_DT_ArtikkelLagersted_SEQ..JobControl

We also have a production server, and if I copy the job and run it there, it works.
Both servers are equal in hardware and software.
All sequence jobs in our test enviroment fails. I have booted the server but no change in behaviour.

Any ideas?

BR
Dan
BR
Dan
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That message doesn't show the cause of the problem, just an effect.

You will need to look more closely at the log output to find out where the error is coming from. The cause of the error will be in there; but sometimes it is hard to find the correct part of the correct log entry.

If you continue to be stymied, perhaps you could post part of your log here on this thread.
tine_bi
Participant

Post by tine_bi »

I would paste details from the log but running the command results in error

dsjob -logdetail TINE TI_DT_ArtikkelLagersted_SEQ > TI_DT_ArtikkelLagersted_SEQ.txt

ERROR. Failed to open job
Status code = 30107

Dan
Last edited by tine_bi on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BR
Dan
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the status of the job when you are trying to list the log? Does the dsjob -logdetail proj job command work for other items?

You can also export the log using the Director. Menu Project -> Print and choose to print to file.
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Job sequence aborts

Post by FranklinE »

tine_bi wrote:We also have a production server, and if I copy the job and run it there, it works.
That could be your first clue, if by "copy" the job you mean export it from the test server where you are getting the error and import it to the production server.

Importing the executable resets the job status to "Compiled". It clears out all abort artifacts that would need Cleanup.

Try re-importing your executable to the test server. I predict (a guess really) that the job will abort and you'll see a coding or similar problem.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You need to compile the job in production. i would bet there is a function missing or some reason that shows up when you compile.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you go to the Job Control tab of Job Properties in the Sequence, and inspect the generated code there?

Post it here if it doesn't cause any non-disclosure issues (it shouldn't), surrounded by Code tags to keep it pretty.

Check whether every artefact mentioned in any activity actually exists in the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.