Not able to delete the link in the datastage job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abbhi
Participant

Not able to delete the link in the datastage job

Post by abbhi »

Hi,

I am getting below error when trying to copy any stage or delete any stage in the job.

(61365) There was an error constructing the undo information for this operation. Undoing this operation will not be possible.

Can anybody help ?

Thanks,
Abhishek
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Possibly a permissions issue (or a disk full issue?) in the local repository database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abbhi
Participant

Post by abbhi »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply.

I found below IBM note regarding the same error but still i am not able to resolve mine.
There are no permissions issue.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I've had that error sporadically since working with Version 11.x and can reproduce it when copying a job sequence loop to another job and trying to change the end-loop object.

What IBM link did you find?
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Are you migrating to a newer version of datastage, or is it a new installation and you are trying to create a new job, or does it happen when connecting from your machine or all the clients have the same problem? And was it working fine earlier?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
abbhi
Participant

Post by abbhi »

Hi,

Below is the ibm note i found
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21608277

this is the new job we are developing and other developer when try to open the same job and try to delete the link or copy the stage are facing this error.
I am not seeing any way to resolve this but I need to create job once gain which will take time.

Please advice.
abbhi
Participant

Post by abbhi »

Arnd, how did you resolve the issue for yourself ?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In my case I found that deleting the End-Loop stage in the designer and then creating a new end-loop and linking to old links to it gets rid of the problem; which isn't any help in your case.

Can you export the job and see if anything changes when you re-import it? It does seem as if you have little choice but to re-write the job. Another thing you might try is editing the job, selecting all the stages and doing a "ctrl-c" to copy them, then paste them into a newly created empty job. Most likely the error will migrate to the new job, but it is worth a try.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

as per your reply that when you create a job and then when othere developer open it, it has the problem.

If thats the case, can you first please check if your client and server versions are synchronized?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
abbhi
Participant

Post by abbhi »

Hi,

We have copied the job into second datastage project and we see the link vanishes , so we created the link again and we are able to work on that.

Also in the previous project we are facing some unusual error as right click was not working on the job to check properties.

As of now we are working on the job by copying the job in other project as we need to complete it.

We will later move that completed job into previous project to check if issue again happens and to make sure its a project related issue or for some single job.

Any suggestions to add?