job parameter value

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

n_suresh_82
Premium Member
Premium Member

job parameter value

Post by n_suresh_82 »

I have a parallel job with value of parameters hard coded inside the job.

I need to modify the parameter value without modfying the DS job. I believe that this value is somewhere hard coded in UNIX file. In which UNIX file, this values are hard coded.

Thanks in advance. This is very urgent as I have production issues.
Suresh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For starters, it's not urgent. It's the weekend. DSXchange is an all volunteer forum whose members post as and when (and if) they can. If you need urgent support sign up with your official support provider for premium service and learn just how expensive "urgent" can be.

Parameter values are not stored in a file unless you put them there. When the job is run, non-default values can be provided on the command line or through the Job Run Options dialog if the job is run from a DataStage client.

What you may be thinking of is parameters that are in Parameter Sets. In this case you can create one or more "values files" containing sets of values that can be used as defaults under different circumstances, such as in different environments.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
The only way a parameter value is stored in a file, as of today,
is if you use parameter sets and set the values to reside inside a file.
(in a out of the box feature)

In that case it sepends where your file is, you can edit the parameter set on the project at hand and override the file.
Another way is to manually edit the file (not sure this is supported)

Having that said, this is only a speculation, since not enough info is givven in the post.

IHTH (I Hope This Helps),
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Another possibility is to use environment variable job parameters. These can have their default values edited outside of the job (usually using the Administrator client).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.