Scheduler failing to run job with SQL server as source

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

baviriajay
Participant

Scheduler failing to run job with SQL server as source

Post by baviriajay »

Hello ,

My job has SQL server Enterprise stage to connect to SQL server DB.
It runs fine if I run it manually either from designer or director but the job is failing when it is scheduled.
Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,
Ajay
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

What's Windows OS? What's error message?
baviriajay
Participant

Post by baviriajay »

I am using windows OS. and working on 8X version.
And it is faling with below error,

main_program: Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource?? (-1; Dbuser; Dbname; [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'ITSERVICES\MOKSCY3CDRDLA12$'.)
:
Resource bundle corresponding to message key return code {0} from SQLConnect(handle, {1}, ****, {2}) with message {3} not found! Check that DSHOME or APT_RESPATH is set.

but I was able to run the job with the same credentials and it is running successfully but its failing while it is scheduled.

Thanks In Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How are you scheduling the job?
When it runs from the scheduler, check the job log to verify that the credentials have been passed correctly (I am assuming that they are job parameters).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
baviriajay
Participant

Post by baviriajay »

I am scheduling my job from DS director.
The job failed while passing parameters so I tried hard-coding it still it fails while it is scheduled.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the log show the credentials that were actually passed when connection was attempted?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The difference between running it from your designer/director and from the scheduler is the user-id used for the DataStage login, and somehow this difference is affecting your SQL-Server login.

Can you enter DataStage using the admin user-id and try running your job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Also visit the Project Properties in DataStage Administrator. You may find (on the Schedule tab) that a different user has been set up to run scheduled jobs.