Datastage installation error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajalaa_s
Participant

Datastage installation error

Post by rajalaa_s »

Hi,

I am trying to install datastage 64 bit for windows - version 8.7. I am installing on Windows server 2008 Enterprise edition (64 bit).
While installing, the installation process window itself is not opening. I am getting the below error:

"HTTP ERROR: 404
BridgeServlet: /ISInstall
RequestURI=/ISInstall"

Not sure why I am facing the problem. We have installed the below prerequisites :
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express edition, Microsoft Visual studio .NET 2010, Microsoft .NET framework 4, MSXML 4.0 and Firefox 3.6.

Please let me know if there any other prerequisites and help solve the installation issue.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.
Did you enter the EXACT URL specified by the installer?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajalaa_s
Participant

Post by rajalaa_s »

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the response. Once I run setup.exe, the Internet explorer opens with the URL specified, but returns the error message "http error: 404" .

Thanks..
IsNull
Participant

Post by IsNull »

As far as I'm concerned, Visual Studio 2010 Express C++ compiler is not supported.

Try installing e.g google chrome, set it as a default browser, and try installation again.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you try, once you've got to that point, typing in the URL? I believe it's missing a leading dot, that is, that it should be

Code: Select all

./ISInstall
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.