Set limit for warnings for a datastage job without director

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ntr
Participant

Set limit for warnings for a datastage job without director

Post by ntr »

i want to set the warning limit for a job.My requirement is when ever we will get more than 5 warnings job would be aborted automatically.
it would possible by Routine or global parameter?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you are running your jobs via dsjob then you have full control over that via the -warning option. Otherwise, what 8.x release are you on?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you run the job from Director (or Designer) client, the Job Run Options dialog has a tab where you can set the warning limit. You can also set the default for the entire project using Director client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In 'older' versions setting the default would only effect new jobs. My understanding is that behaviour changed in a more recent release such that jobs that are still using the default (i.e. have not been overridden) would use the new default automagically. Can someone confirm / deny?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ntr
Participant

warning limit without director

Post by ntr »

Hey i am using 8.1 parallel edition,in my project i want to set warning limit for every sequence,when we use warning limit option in director or designer it would give the results for current session.i want to do it automatically at job or sequence level.