Parameter Set Changes

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

Parameter Set Changes

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

I am using one Parameter Set for all the Jobs[Around 250 parallel Jobs and sequences] in entire project.Due to some reasons we changed values for two parameters in the parameter set which should be reflected for all the Jobs in entire Project.Is there any easy procedure instead of changing manually for each Job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes. Use values files.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

If you are using Sequence Jobs, and they invoke your jobs with "(As pre-defined)", then you will need to re-compile all your jobs.

If your Sequence Jobs also have the Parameter Set as a parameter, but you are not passing anything in when you invoke the Sequence Job, and this parameter is passed on by the Sequence Job into the other jobs, then re-compiling your Sequence Jobs is all that is necessary.

If your Sequence Jobs accept a value set name parameter, then just change the value fille as Ray suggests. This is the normal and correct way to do things, but it is often overlooked. It took me a while to get the hang of Parameter Sets and Value Files, because my first experience of Parameter Sets was in an environment that had the scenario in the first paragraph and I picked up the bad practice knowing no better.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant