Moving from AIX to LINUX

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_infy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Moving from AIX to LINUX

Post by ds_infy »

Hi,

We have Datastage currently installed on AIX. It is interacting with SAP, Oracle and Flat Files.

We are planning to move from AIX to Linux environment. The Customer is asking for an estimate for this migration.

Can you help me out in giving a rough estimate Admin Tasks to

a) Install the Datastage on Linux [Does it vary for Tier1, Tier2, Tier3]
b) Configure Oracle, SAP

These tasks will be performed by a person who has good unix skills and fair knowledge of datastage architecture (i.e metadata repository, was etc).

I know it all depends on person's ability. But considering that a person with average abilities have to go through manuals and perform acitivies (a) & (b). How much time might would be an appropriate estimate ?
sreewin7
Participant

Re: Moving from AIX to LINUX

Post by sreewin7 »

couple of things to give estimatation time to your manager or higher management.

1) List out things to migrate from AIX to Linux.
2) how may person's are working in the project.
3) Take some extra time for support once everything is done successfully migrated.

As per my knowledge i given my inputs, if any one have more inputs please share.

Thanks
sree
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't forget to schedule time to check prerequisites on the Linux machine and to perform a health check afterwards. Both of these can be undertaken using ISALite.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.