DB trace shows a select from non-exist MetaStage_Loc_Info

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB trace shows a select from non-exist MetaStage_Loc_Info

Post by asaf_arbely »

Hi Everyone,

DBAs reported this recurring Oracle error (942): a select from non existing table METASTAGE_LOC_INFO.

This faulty select statement is generated and called from DataStage jobs, but error is not reported in the DS log. It is found when a DB trace is activated by DBAs.

From reading earlier posts regarding this error, I looked for the operational metadata collection solution, but no - Project is not marked as "Generate operational metadata".

Did anyone was able to solve this issue?

thanks in advance,
Assaf
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not only is this findable on DSXchange by searching, it's also in the manuals and the IBM Information Center.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

It makes me wonder why would one bother to answer, while providing no answer at all... :shock: Isn't it a waste of his time?

No, I did not find a solution in the DSXchange forum (but did search it).

My believe is that sharing knowledge makes you a greater man. Hiding it, makes you ...?!.

Think of the great value you could provide by simply directing me to the specific manual.

Sir, I am familiar with your contribution to this forum and respect it, for a very long time. Keep in mind that I'm too old for education.
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

asaf_arbely wrote:No, I did not find a solution in the DSXchange forum (but did search it).
Hi Asaf,
What did you search for?

viewtopic.php?t=99891&highlight=MetaStage_Loc_Info

Lots of other threads the like...
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

Thank you!

I actually looked at this thread, and as noted in my original post, the DS project is not marked as "Generate operational metadata".

Am I missing something here?

I found some post outside of the DSXchange forum, suggesting to "set DS_NO_PROCESS_METADATA to 1".

I'll give it a try and update.

Regards,
Assaf