Reading an Arry from UV Activity,one rec for one iteration

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivas Guduru
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reading an Arry from UV Activity,one rec for one iteration

Post by srinivas Guduru »

I am developing a generic data loading process

source -- Multiple txt files
Target --- Multiple tables

In my sequencer I am using User Variable Activity stages and Start loop and End loop stages,Job activity stages

In sequencer first stage is uv stage((Name: Read_File)). which usess routine, to read file data [(values of Parameters) multiple records]
and passes the data into Array(VArry).

Under UserVariable Tab, (I specified below)

Name -------- File_Data
Expression -------- Readfile(sourece) ---------- Readfile is a routine name,

I used Startloop stage(second stage in the sequencer) for looping.

Third stage is uv stage.In this stage I need to read the Array(VArry) data(which is written to Array in the first Uv stage with the help of routine),
For first iteration, first row of Array(VArry) should be read(because row consists set of parameter values, whcih are passed to down stream ds job
to load the data into tables)

For second iteration second(2nd) row of Array(VArry) should be read (to pass the second set of parameters). To do this I need to write
a expression in uv Activity stage(Third stage in my sequencer).

Under UserVariable Tab(Third UV stage), what Expression should I use (can you provide me with complete syntax)

Name -- LineData (which I specified)
Expression --- ?

Like this for third iteration 3rd row of the Arry should be read

Thanks
Srini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Let's start by trying to understand how you have managed to use a UV stage in a parallel job? And what is a "uv activity stage"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.