Reg:Runtime columns population with RCP columns match

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manu.dwhds
Participant

Reg:Runtime columns population with RCP columns match

Post by manu.dwhds »

Hi ,
I have an issue with rcp enabled my design like
I have enabled rcp for the job but here for two columns validation will be there like If lnk.acc=0 then lnk.acc else lnk.amt these two columns for each integartion was diffrent i have to pass runtime where rcp enabled this job was Generic for all integartions.
Here the problem how i need to pass that two cloumns runtime for diffrent integations for doing generic this job apart from this all are came from rcp.for these two cloumns while runtime rcp columns need to match and give results for our Two columns and need to do validation and go forward .
Please let me know anyone having good suggestions on this?
Thanks in Advance
Manu
Manu
ETLJOB
Participant

Post by ETLJOB »

What is your source? From where these extra two columns(lnk.acc & lnk.amt) are sourced? :?

Can you explain your entire job design in more detail?
manu.dwhds
Participant

Post by manu.dwhds »

ETLJOB wrote:What is your source? From where these extra two columns(lnk.acc & lnk.amt) are sourced? :?

Can you explain your entire job design in more detail?
One source was flatfile and one join stage was dataset these all are rcp enabled but while loading in target seqential file in the transformer i have Validation like what i mention above but this cloumns is going to change every integation .but i need to pass that two cloumns from parameter for perticular integration those columns need to pick data from rcp cloumns and neeed to perform validation and going forward so that i can do my job as Generic for all integations and i will pass these runtime vary columns as parameter?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Once you introduce validation you lock in the column name into the validation expression. There is no mechanism for validating an arbitrarily named column. If you can somehow map the arbitrary column onto a consistenly-named column then there might be a solution for you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.