Re: Connectivity issue between DataStage and Orace 10G

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinay_renu2001
Participant

Post by vinay_renu2001 »

Hi,

We have an evaluation version of IIS 8.1 on a windows 2003 machine. We installed Oracle 10g client by choosing the "custom mode" option on the windows machine where the DataStage is Installed.

And, I created a System DSN on Windows 2003 machine.

When i try to connect Oracle 10g database using "Import Table Definition" Option, I could not able to connect and getting the following error message:

"DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO)(SQLConnect('rptgdb','D137560')) : BCI Error :
SQLSTATE=IM004,CODE=0,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed"

I tried to connect using ID's having Developer privilieges and admin privilieges for the database.

So, Is it mandatory to install the Oracle client in "Administrator/Administration" options to get connected with DataStage.

I am able to connect to the Oracle database from DataStage box using SQL+, Could not able to connect from DataStage.

Any help folks??

Thanks
Thanks and Regards
Vin
csri
Participant

Post by csri »

vinay_renu2001 wrote:Hi,

We have an evaluation version of IIS 8.1 on a windows 2003 machine. We installed Oracle 10g client by choosing the "custom mode" option on the windows machine where the DataStage is Installed.

When i try to connect Oracle 10g database using "Import Table Definition" Option, I could not able to connect and getting the following error message:

SQLSTATE=IM004,CODE=0,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed"

I tried to connect using ID's having Developer privilieges and admin privilieges for the database.

So, Is it mandatory to install the Oracle client in "Administrator/Administration" options to get connected with DataStage.

I am able to connect to the Oracle database from DataStage box using SQL+, Could not able to connect from DataStage.

Any help folks??

Thanks
Did you test your DSN after you have created it? If yes, is it working.
vinay_renu2001
Participant

Post by vinay_renu2001 »

csri wrote:
vinay_renu2001 wrote:Hi,

Any help folks??

Thanks
Did you test your DSN after you have created it? If yes, is it working.
I configured the DSN with " Microsoft ODBC for Oracle". while creating this DSN, We don't get the test connection option when we give the credentials (Hostname, Desc, User, Password), It just creates.
Thanks and Regards
Vin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: Guys, this isn't Usenet or someplace where you need to quote entire messages when you reply so people know what's being discussed. It's all here so just use the dang 'Reply to topic' button and if needed only quote relevant snippets to clarify the points you are making.

Oh, and before I forget: :evil:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sbalaji9
Participant

Calling REST service getting 401 Error

Post by sbalaji9 »

Hi,

Can anybody help me, how to pass the credentials while calling the REST webservice. Iam getting the error below.

<GET /Edi/ServiceREST.svc/Hipaa271?applicationId=1&firstname=emily&lastname=porter&searchtype=S&requestsource=edi&servicetypecode=30&numberofservices=1&fromdate=7/26/2008&todate=7/26/2008 HTTP/1.1
Host: services-dev.corp.Joy.com
User-Agent: HTTP-Adapter/8.0(105)
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Content-Length: 0
X-Abandon-After: 2147483647

(0 bytes sent)
>HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized (F)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What does this have to do with Oracle or this subject? Nothing. :?

Please start a new thread (Post New Topic) in the appropriate forum based on the job type. If unsure, post in the General forum.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers