Execute command activity

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

umamahes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Execute command activity

Post by umamahes »

I am using execute command activity in a job sequence to run a shell script.First argument is project id and the second parameter is password.

In datastage I am using parameter called DBPasswd and type is encrypted and i am passign that parameter to the command line.

In the job activity execute command page page i have like below.
Comand : /home/username/oraproc.ksh
Parameters:dst #DBPasswd#

But in the job log it showing the script along with project id and decrypted password like below.

ExecuteUnixCommand..JobControl (@Execute_Command_0): Executed: //home/username/oraproc.ksh dst Test454
Reply=0

It is showing the password in the log

Is it defualt behavour of datastage or it is a security issue in datastage.
HI
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is the default behaviour of DataStage to log the actual command executed by an Execute Command activity.

If you want to change this behaviour, encapsulate your command in a routine and invoke that through a Routine activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
OmOmSplat
Participant

Re: Execute command activity

Post by OmOmSplat »

Hi, you can prefix the command parameters with the string /NOLOG/ to prevent the parameters being displayed in the job log. This feature is useful where your parameters include passwords or other confidential information.
Best regards,

Omar Elkalla
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
ITWorx
omar.elkalla@itworx.com
www.itworx.com