Getting rid of invocated job runs in the Director

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Getting rid of invocated job runs in the Director

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the entries for the invocated job runs of a base job. I have searched and found out that:

1. Manual Delete
2. Clear Status File
3. Re Compile

from this POST.

But is there anyway we can automate this? Say, I want to check the status of the invocated job. If it is finished, then clear the status file or re-compile the base job. Can we somehow automate this?

Any ideas/suggestions toward this goal would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I gave you the code. Run it.
Mamu Kim
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

kduke wrote:I gave you the code. Run it.
Yes. Kim. I did see the code. But you recommended against using it, which kinda scared me. Also, does this batch job remove the invocation entries based on the status of the invocated job run status?

Please advise.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It deletes them all. You need to write something more complicated to do that. That is why I did not recommend it. It points out what to delete. You need to add more logic to figure out if a instance id is still running. I would say you want to delete old ones. Turn the Delete statements into Selects and see if you can see how to do it right.
Mamu Kim