Bulk replacement

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pravin_dsx
Participant

Bulk replacement

Post by pravin_dsx »

The requirement is to replace DSDB2 stage with ORAOCI9 stage. Nearly 150 jobs have to be modified. Is there a way to do the replacement at one go or each job has to be mofified individually?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

Since these stage types do not have identical properties you will need to effect the changes one at a time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you want to see if it's possible, take one job. Export it to a .dsx file. Make the changes to OCI. Export again. Check the difference between the two. If it looks like something you could automate, you could export the whole project and make it all one mass change.

At the very least, would make for an interesting exercise. :wink:

The bigger problem you'll find is there's more to it than just popping off one stage type and gluing another back on in its place. Syntax for fun things like 'sysdate' and the equivalent for the 'dual' table are different. Date handling is very different. I'm sure you'll find more than that. You're going to need to build a 'cookbook' of what's needed and have people go through each job with a fine toothed comb, one at a time. This is more wetware work than sofware work in my book.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers