What are the advantages of being an IBM partner

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vaibhav.chimote
Participant

What are the advantages of being an IBM partner

Post by vaibhav.chimote »

Hello guys,
Recently my company has become an IBM partner. Please could you provide me the following details:
1. What are the advantages of being an IBM partner.
2. How can the IBM website be used to maximum learning and advantage.
3. Being an IBM partner, will I have some extra privileges to download stuff as compared to privileges of a normal user. If yes, what kind of priviliges.
Thanks in advance.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's a bit tricky and it depends on what the latest partner offerings are. You should be able to get trial or evaluation software, you can also use a wide range of business software for free. Some software you only get with the purchase of an additional partner pack. You should be able to get a partner login to the IBM website but I haven't found much there. You really need to find a contact at IBM and ask them a heap of questions to find out what help they can give you, especially around free or discounted training.
vaibhav.chimote
Participant

Post by vaibhav.chimote »

Thanks for the response. I have partner login details for IBM website, but couldn't really get anything useful apart from a couple of Redbooks and papers. That's why I was scratching my head to be able to use the privilege (if any).
Do you realy think that I may get the trail or evolution version of Datastage to download?