installation of mainframe components(MVSVersion)in datastage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

installation of mainframe components(MVSVersion)in datastage

Post by kirankota79 »

I have installed MVS version. But i have a problem.....i see the same component multiple times....for example a transformer is shown six times in palette...could anyone please tell me the reason. Will this problem is solved if we can overwrite files by reinstalling the MVS Version.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like there's something awry with the indexing in the DataStage Repository.

Are the six instances all in the same category?

Try DS.REINDEX all when you have exclusive access to the project, and report back whether the problem has disappeared.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

yes all the instances are in the same catagory. for example....the transformer is seen 6 times in the "processing" category.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

iam not a premium member. can you please post the reply in a way that i can see it.

thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's the standard advice when you have odd repository issues, and searches of the forums here would turn up many conversations on the subject:

Get exclusive access to the Project and then Rebuild Repository Indeces. You do this from option number 2 under the DS.TOOLS menu.

Search and read, then try.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers