Error calling subroutine:DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5);

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dannywcw
Participant

Error calling subroutine:DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5);

Post by dannywcw »

Hi everyone,

I need your kind assistance on the following errors.

Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project CIPREPAID2

(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

I've tried restarting the DataStage. I've tried recreate the index and recompile my dsjob and still its not working. Please help wanted immediately!!
dwcw
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

What were you doing?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
dannywcw
Participant

Post by dannywcw »

hi i was trying to run my job. It gave me this error after a few hours. i couldn't go to the log to check. Just keep on hitting the error. Any suggestions ? Wat does the DSR_EXECJOB Action = 5 means ?
dwcw
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

If your client times out after a few hours of non-use, you probably need to check the timeout setting for the project. Goto Administrator client and check the timeout. Consider setting it to unlimited.

Another reason the Director client could get these messages is that the project is out of space on the server. Since your client can't write temporary files on the project while connected, it disconnects. Verify that as well.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
dannywcw
Participant

Post by dannywcw »

The cause of this error found. It was the Table index was corrupted.

MJobLoadSubDimToSubTracking..TRNSF_SUBSCRIPTION: ORA-01502: index 'CI_STAGING.SUB_TRKG_PK' or partition of such index is in unusable state

Sigh !!! but i wonder why i can't view the logs. As you mention previously... where do i set the "TIMEOUT" ?
dwcw
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Define "can't view the logs". What happens when you try - an error, a hang, what? If I had to guess I would wonder if they are large and will take some time to view. Did you run your job with 'unlimited' warnings?

As noted - You set the timeout via the Administrator. It's at the bottom of the General tab - and you must be the 'admin' to change it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dannywcw
Participant

Post by dannywcw »

chulett wrote:Define "can't view the logs". What happens when you try - an error, a hang, what? If I had to guess I would wonder if they are large and will take some time to view. Did you run your job with 'unlimited' warnings?

As noted - You set the timeout via the Administrator. It's at the bottom of the General tab - and you must be the 'admin' to change it.
Hi, wat i mean was, when i click on the log icon, it hang. yes i did run it with "unlimited" option.
dwcw
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That was your first problem - I never run Server jobs with the warning limit set to 'no limit'. Never. Your log is at the very least HUGE and at worst case corrupted.

:!: As Ken noted, you also stand an excellent chance of something like that filling up the disk where DataStage is installed to disastrous consequences. Did you check that?

Since you know the issue, the log can just be cleared. You can either try via the Director and be very, very patient or go around to the back door. You'll need to know the job number for the job in question. From the Adminstrator 'Command' window:

Code: Select all

SELECT JOBNO FROM DS_JOBS WHERE NAME = 'yourjobname';
Take that number found and incorporate it in the following command:

CLEAR.FILE RT_LOGnnnn
Where nnnn is the job number you just looked up. Note that the first command needs a semi-colon at the end while the second doesn't. And things are case sensitive here.
-craig

dannywcw
Participant

Post by dannywcw »

chulett wrote:That was your first problem - I never run Server jobs with the warning limit set to 'no limit'. Never. Your log is at the very least HUGE and at worst case corrupted.

:!: As Ken noted, you also stand an excellent chance of something like that filling up the disk where DataStage is installed to disastrous consequences. Did you check that?

Since you know the issue, the log can just be cleared. You can either try via the Director and be very, very patient or go around to the back door. You'll need to know the job number for the job in question. From the Adminstrator 'Command' window:

SELECT JOBNO FROM DS_JOBS WHERE NAME = 'yourjobname';
Take that number found and incorporate it in the following command:

CLEAR.FILE RT_LOGnnnn
Where nnnn is the job number you just looked up. Note that the first command needs a semi-colon at the end while the second doesn't. And things are case sensitive here.

Ok. i give it a try. The mountpoint is not full.
dwcw
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's good, one less thing to panic over. And you did not need to quote my entire message just to reply to it. FYI.
-craig