PeopleSoft EPM OEM - Ascential DataStage Question

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ranjana
Premium Member
Premium Member

PeopleSoft EPM OEM - Ascential DataStage Question

Post by Ranjana »

Folks,

I have a project lined up with DS+PeoplesoftEPM. I am very new to this combo. I knew recently about this OEM partnership between Ascential and Peoplesoft.

This is what I know about this bundle:

The DataStage license bundled with EPM is a limited-use license. It allows the inclusion of any source content, including from non-PeopleSoft/Oracle applications and flat files, and non-Oracle databases, but the target must be the EPM warehouse. Data can be moved to the warehouse using just the DataStage tool, but the delivered application mappings are tied to PeopleTools functionality and create record definitions for the reporting tables at the PeopleTools layer.

My questions are:

1. Is this similar to - coupling Peoplesoft Enterprise with generic DataStage engine using PACKS?

2. If this is a seperate bundle then, is there seperate stages to write to different modules of EPM?

3. Or do we write to a staging area using DS and from there its PeopleSoft guys who write it to respective schemas in different modules?
I mean to say is it similar to DS - MVS where we generate the JCL and then cobol programers does the rest.

Any help will be of great use in understanding the architechture of this bundle.

Thanks,