DataStage Job Hangs after rejected option fails &locks T

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krishnendusengupta
Participant

DataStage Job Hangs after rejected option fails &locks T

Post by krishnendusengupta »

I am using Datastage Version 7.5.1.A.

I am connecting to a 10g Oracle Server as my Database.

In my Job I am using a flat file to load data in a Table using
Dynamic RDBMS (DRS).

I have created a Target Link and a rejected link.

Inside the Transformer I have set the rejected option to True for the rejected link.

After executing the job If there is any erroneous data (required column missing or width greater than the allowed width) instead of those erroneous data going to the rejected link the job is getting hanged.

Can anyone give me any suggestion to circumvent this problem.
Any kind of help will be higly appreciated.
Last edited by krishnendusengupta on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krishnendu
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Welcome to DSXchange, krishnendusengupta

It is easier if you post in the appropriate forum; you posted in "General" and marked the product as "TX". It sounds like you have a Server job, though.

The reject link from the transform stage shouldn't cause anything to hang - what is the passive stage that you are writing to at the end of that link?
krishnendusengupta
Participant

Post by krishnendusengupta »

ArndW wrote:Welcome to DSXchange, krishnendusengupta

It is easier if you post in the appropriate forum; you posted in "General" and marked the product as "TX". It sounds like you have a Server job, though.

The reject link from the transform stage shouldn't cause anything to hang - what is the passive stage that you are writing to at the end of that link?
Hello ArndW first of all thank you for your prompt reply.

I am writing the rejected link to a file.

Please let me know if you need any further info ....
Krishnendu
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

krishnendusengupta - (you don't need to quote everything on reply) A sequential file? Does anything go dow that link? If you change your job so that instead of the Oracle stage you write to another sequential file, does the job also hang? I think it won't the "hang" you are seeing is probably associated with the output to Oracle and not the flat file.