Problem while running Transformer Stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamal kishore
Participant

Problem while running Transformer Stage

Post by kamal kishore »

Hi,

We are using Ascential DataStage 7.5.2 software on AIX machine and Ascential DataStage 7.5.1A client software on windows system, all the stages are working fine but while i'm using the transformer stage in a simple sequential file job it is throwing an expection:

Error:
Transformer_0: Failed to load the library "V0S0_kk_Transformer_0.o"; either the directory containing the library file
is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system
that is incompatible with this system: Could not load "V0S0_kk_Transformer_0": 0509-022 Cannot load module .
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.. [transform/transform.C:1517]

Here "kk" is name of the job.

Is it necessary to install C++ explicitly, we havnt installed C++ explicitly.
KAMAL
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Try to compile the job and post the compile error (if any), that will show whether or not you have the correct compiler installed and configured.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Problem while running Transformer Stage

Post by chulett »

kamal kishore wrote:Is it necessary to install C++ explicitly, we havnt installed C++ explicitly.
Yes, installed and configured correctly. It is needed once the Transformer stage in introduced into a job. Before that, no.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kamal kishore
Participant

Post by kamal kishore »

I had installed C++ and then also i'm getting the same error can anyone tell what are the environment variables that are need to be set.
KAMAL
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kamal - can you compile this job that has a transform stage?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

kamal kishore wrote:I had installed C++ and then also i'm getting the same error can anyone tell what are the environment variables that are need to be set.
Compile the job as ArndW requested.
Four environment variables need to be set also, namely
APT_LINKER
APT_LINEROPT
APT_COMPILER
APT_COMPILEROPT.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kamal kishore
Participant

Post by kamal kishore »

These parameters are set to default values, do we need to change the defualt values. As I'm not getting any error while compiling the job but i'm getting the error while executing it.

APT_LINKER: /bin/c++
APT_LINEROPT: -+ -D_OS390 -D_ALL_SOURCE -DYYDYNAMIC -D_MSE_PROTOS -Wc,DLL,EXPORTALL -Wl,dll -W "0,langlvl(LONGLONG)" -D_SHR_ENVIRON -D_OPEN_SOURCE=3 -Wc,"float(IEEE)" -DIEEE_754=1 -D_AE_BIMODAL -D__IOC_ANSI_STREAM -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
APT_COMPILER: /bin/c++
APT_COMPILEROPT: -+ -DRW_COMPILE_INSTANTIATE -D_OS390 -D_ALL_SOURCE -DYYDYNAMIC -D_MSE_PROTOS -Wc,DLL,EXPORTALL -W "0,langlvl(LONGLONG)" -D_SHR_ENVIRON -D_OPEN_SOURCE=3 -Wc,"float(IEEE)" -DIEEE_754=1 -D_AE_BIMODAL -D__IOC_ANSI_STREAM -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -c

Thanks in advance
KAMAL
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

If you job is compiling then its not a compiler issue. Try a force compile and then run a job. Refer to thispost.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Failed to load library" is most usually a run-time error indicating a deficiency in the shared library search path (environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH or SHLIB_PATH, depending on your operating system). This should be adjusted to include the parent directory of the library containing the compiled Transformer stage code; clearly in your case it was not.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kamal kishore
Participant

Post by kamal kishore »

Hi Brian Kernighan,

I had tried with force compilation but still it is showing the same error.

Hi Ray,

I had tried to set these environment variables in AIX machine but as i'm new to AIX commands i could set these parameters permenantly can you please provide me the steps for setting those parameters and can you also provide me the any sample template of those parameters.

Thanks in advance,
KAMAL
kamal kishore
Participant

Post by kamal kishore »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to set the environment variables in AIX machine permenantly ie., the LIBPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH .....
KAMAL
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For DataStage processes, in the dsenv script. For other processes, in the .profile script in their home directories.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

kamal kishore wrote:Hi Brian Kernighan,
Wow, he called me Brian Kernighan.
Read the manuals. Its all in there. Or better yet, search here, this has been discussed here before.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DSguru2B wrote:
kamal kishore wrote:Hi Brian Kernighan,
Wow, he called me Brian Kernighan
Not the first time someone has looked at your sig and used whatever name was there. Who will you be next, I wonders? :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I know, it has happened a lot.
Next, I dont know, lets see whos phrase I use next :wink: