Installing MCM

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Before you even get there, did you try to install 7.5.1 in the same location that you installed 7.0?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsdoubt
Participant

Post by dsdoubt »

Different location. I guess it should be the issue with MCM being not installed properly, or its service not started.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's about the service, that's what the user request is all about. And without it running, you can't switch.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsdoubt
Participant

Post by dsdoubt »

I found in some other post that the name of the service is 'DataStage Multi-Client Manager Service', am I right?
I couldnt find that at all. Is there any way I can install the service alone and start it?
paddu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paddu »

IBM Information Server, Version 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installing the Multi-Client Manager
You can install the Multi-Client Manager alone or as part of the upgrade process during an IBM Information Server suite installation. This topic describes how to install it alone.

Before you begin

You must have administrator access to the system to complete this task.
At least one WebSphere DataStage and WebSphere QualityStage client must be installed on the computer where you install the Multi-Client Manager.
Procedure

To install the Multi-Client Manager:

Log on as an administrator to the system where you installed the clients.
In the top-level directory of the IBM Information Server DVD, CD, or downloaded installation image, open the MultiClientManager directory and double-click install.exe.
Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to install the Multi-Client Manager.

I just read about this . Are you looking for this?

Thanks
paddu
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The information given was related to V8. But the same holds good for the V7.5.1. The setup.exe can be found in client Cd ..\Ascential DS Client v7.5.1\DataStage Client\MultiClientManager
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'