I am not able to install Datastage EE 7.5 version software,

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Hi,

I am not able to install Datastage EE 7.5 version software, I am getting below error.

"Setup could not load the language resource file".

I am using the software dump to install the software.

Please let me know what can I do to over come this problem.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you installing the NLS version, and if so, which codesets? What is a "software dump" to install? I haven't heard that term before.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ignoring the TX job type for the moment, the language resource file is either DS_RESENU or DS_RESJPN, a hashed file containing decodes for encoded text strings generated within DataStage. It may be that the hashed file could not be created (permissions?) or that the data source file from which to load it is missing from the installation media.

I suspect that "software dump" simply means a copy of the CD/DVD onto the hard disk. If that's right, did you make sure to copy hidden files too?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Yes I am installing the NLS version, and I don't know about codesets. What is codesets? Software dump means I am installing the software by using the Software copy instead of using CD.

ArndW wrote:Are you installing the NLS version, and if so, which codesets? What is a "software dump" to install? I haven't heard that term before.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is your default language when installing? And at which point of the install do you get the abort?
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Sridhar,

You need to provide more info. To be honest, I have no experience installing DS TX. However, it might help you if you provide answers to the questions asked by Premium Posters above.

Please do not continue the same post in the 'FAQ Discussion' forum as members will be confused where to answer your queries. Stick to this thread.

Thanks,
Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE