NLS settings

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

paddu
Premium Member
Premium Member

NLS settings

Post by paddu »

we have different Oracle Source Systems
NLS_LANGUAGE NLS_TERRITORY NLS_CHARACTERSET
Source 1 :AMERICAN, AMERICA,UTF8
Source 2:AMERICAN, AMERICA ,WE8ISO8859P1
Source 3:AMERICAN, AMERICA ,US7ASCII

Oracle Target:AMERICAN, AMERICA ,UTF8

Datastage 7.5x2 is set up to MS1252.

We have SAP/BW intermediate to load .SAP BW pack4.2.1

we ran into problem when loading into SAP /BW from Source 2:AMERICAN, AMERICA ,WE8ISO8859P1.
Datastage job finished successfully but BW did not get all the data .Some of data packets did not load and Jobs hung or waiting to complete in BW.

we realized this is because of some special characters which BW(is not UTF8) does not accept.

Opened a ticket with IBM . They mentioned to have a local variable with the NLS_LANG set in Datastge job to set to source setting .

My question is how do we know which setting is correct to Datastage setting MS1252.

we did not have any problems loading some Source 1 and Source 2 even while loading into BW .

My question is there any setting in Datastage which handles different Source settings we have .

Please let me know if my question makes any sense.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Paddu
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
You can set different NLS to your source,intermediate files and target in the stages you use providing the NLS is enabled and the desired NLS or Locales are loaded in the DS Server in question.
Most Stages even have the ability to get them as parameters at run time.

IHTH (I Hope This Helps),
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a DataStage NLS manual in the standard documentation set. Among other things this will guide you into getting NLS character maps built and installed when DataStage starts, so that they are available for use.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.