7.5.2 Upgrade (issues) from 7.5.1A on AIX 5.2

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ultramundane
Participant

7.5.2 Upgrade (issues) from 7.5.1A on AIX 5.2

Post by Ultramundane »

After upgrading from 7.5.1A and recomping all jobs I was unable to get the Sybase OC stage and the Teradata Multiload stages to work. Maybe others, but I know about the two that are below. I also tried a fresh install and that did not work either. I get the same errors as upgrade. I opened a high priority case with IBM three days ago and they have not given any feedback yet.

I get these errors when trying to run a Sybase OC job on Server & Parallel canvas:
  • main_program: Fatal Error: Fatal: Shared library (sybaseocenu.so) failed to load: errno = ( 8 ), system message = (rtld: 0712-001 Symbol ds_writelog was referenced
    from module /Meijer_sfwe/Ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/sybaseocenu.so(), but a runtime definition
    of the symbol was not found.
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCRegisterPassive was referenced
    from module /Meijer_sfwe/Ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/sybaseocenu.so(), but a runtime definition
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSPIMallocStageName was referenced
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCPropDefaultFromLong was referenced
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCLoadResourceEx was referenced
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCPropDefaultFromStr was referenced
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCFree was referenced
    0509-021 Additional errors occurred but are not reported.)
I get these errors when trying to run a Teradata Multiload job on Server & Parallel canvas:
  • main_program: Fatal Error: Fatal: Shared library (TDMLoadenu.so) failed to load: errno = ( 8 ), system message = (rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCLoadResourceEx was referenced
    from module /Meijer_sfwe/Ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/TDMLoadenu.so(), but a runtime definition
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCDeclareProperty was referenced
    from module /Meijer_sfwe/Ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/TDMLoadenu.so(), but a runtime definition
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCPropDefaultFromStr was referenced
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCPropDefaultFromLong was referenced
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCUVValueMark was referenced
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCConcatResources was referenced
    rtld: 0712-001 Symbol DSCConcatStrings was referenced
    0509-021 Additional errors occurred but are not reported.)
Thanks.
Last edited by Ultramundane on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmm... maybe I'll just hold off a wee bit on my 7.5.2 upgrade...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers