Importing dsx from unix

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amit.jaiswal_ATL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Importing dsx from unix

Post by amit.jaiswal_ATL »

Hello All,

Can we import dsx file (design time info) from unix? I tried below command,

/home/dmzjz9y/LocalAmit/mwaas_poc$ dsjob -import GWM J40040_LD_FILE_TO_DB_UPDATED.dsx -OVERWRITE
dsjob -import is not supported at this release.

Status code = 0

As you see it is not supported even in DS11.3. Can I use istool.sh to import dsx file ? If yes, can you please give me example of import command? Please let me know if you have any other suggestion.

Thanks in advance!
Amit Jaiswal
Atlanta GA USA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would imagine you do use istool for that nowadays. Have you tried it, had any luck?

Edited to add:
And... according to this post the answer is no.
ray.wurlod in 2009 wrote:Command line choices for importing from dsx files do exist, including dsjob, dscmdimport and dsimport.
Scratching dsjob off the list, however. And I do not recall (nor checked) if the other two are client or server tools.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Even on 11.5, dsjob -import reports, "dsjob -import is not supported at this release." Not sure what the intention was there, as far as the file format that may someday be supported...

As far as I know, istool can only export and import isx files, not dsx files. For dsx files, you have to use the Designer client or its associated command line utilities on the client tier (on Windows).
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

On an IIS server installed on Linux/Unix, one can import (but not export) dsx files by leveraging DSXImportService.sh script. See this technote for details.