Installing SAP Pack 7.1 on Information Server 9.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zuhairkhan
Participant

Installing SAP Pack 7.1 on Information Server 9.1

Post by zuhairkhan »

I am installing SAP Pack for SAP Applications 7.1 on Information Server 9.1. The installer is requesting job monitor ports and ITAG name and RPC port number which I have already given during the Information Server installation and all the Information Server (Engine, Jobmon) are up while installing SAP Pack.

Will it be OK to give different Jobmon port number and RPC port number other than the ones I have given during the install or does it normally ask these details while installing SAP pack? I cancelled the SAP pack install thinking it might install another engine and screw up the existing install.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It needs this information so that the SAP components can talk to the installed Information Server components. It will not install another engine. Give precisely the same information that you used when installing Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
zuhairkhan
Participant

Post by zuhairkhan »

couldn't read your entire comment , as it is premium content , i would continue with the install , but it wouldnt take the same RPC and TCP job mon port numbers which i gave while installing information server suite, which means i will have to change the dsrpc port number and TCP port number and uncheck the ITAG check box, will that be fine?
zuhairkhan
Participant

Post by zuhairkhan »

is it not taking those port numbers because the engine and jobmonapp are up and running(says ports are not available), if bring down the engine and comment the line in /etc/services (dsrpc) and shutdown jobmonapp , will that solve the problem?

thanks for replying ray.